Remember this Checklist Before Measurement, At the time of Measurement and after the Measurement
What to Do: Before Measurement
Consider the following checklist before going to do any measurements.
- Description of the device under Calibration
- List of Masters required to measure the device.
- Availability of Personal(like technical, one or more calibration engineers)
- Availability of Master tester(for example; if you are going for calibration of height gauge check the status of slip gauge set)
- Temperature indicators(like temperature humidity sensors or Thermohygrometers)
- Calibration work procedure
- Check the condition of the Master checkers
What to Do: On Measurement
On the time measurement, consider the below point very carefully.
- Stable Environmental condition(For example; Temperature should not vary more than 0.5 degrees per hour, and Humidity should not vary more than 5% per hour)
- No external Vibration
- No disturbance
- Not any single external force can affect the measurement.
- Repeat the whole measurement at least 3 times to check the quality.
- Note down the temperature and humidity as well to determine the uncertainty due to environmental conditions.
What to Do: After Measurement
Consider the below checklist after completing the measurement process.
- Check Datasheet(Properly manage all measurement readings and the technical details of the device under calibration like range, resolution, etc.)
- Check the Master checker(packing, storage, places )
- Packing of Instrument
- Check the condition of the instrument. (Visual, physical conditions, proper functioning of the instrument )
- Do not manipulate the measurement readings.